Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sponge nail design

Wow, so it's been a while! I had to take a mini hiatus while I was in the states because I honestly had no time to even begin thinking of trying any posts. But I'm back home again and I've got some time to kill before we move to Honduras in about a month or two. So here goes! 

I know it's a day later than I planned to have this post, but yesterday was kind of a stressful day with a goodbye party for my dad at the clinic where he was formerly director but has since left because of our move. So anyways here's my post. Monday was a boring day and since I had time to kill I decided to try out a new nail design. I've noticed that sponge designs are pretty popular on Pinterest and decided to experiment with one of my own. After I put down a clear coat I got an old kitchen sponge and painted it with a pearl white and pressed it onto the edge of my nail and then repeated it with the black, leaving just a bit of the white to be seen. I finished off with a clear coat. For best results  suggest using the other side of the sponge and dabbing it at the the nail polish while it's still wet to get it more splattered looking. 






No comments:

Post a Comment