Tuesday, April 2, 2013

About Me

I guess since I'm doing this whole "blogging" thing I might as well put up something about myself for those who care to know who the crazy lunatic is that's writing this blog. My name is Kaitlin. I'm an MK (Missionary Kid) from El Salvador and I've spent my entire life being an MK. I've got two older brothers (one married, one about to be this summer and I'm a soon to be aunt this summer.

The worst question possible is asking "Where are you from?" because that depends on if you want the short answer or the long answer.

Short: I'm from El Salvador.

Long: Well... I was born in Texas, and moved to Honduras when I was two years old. We lived there until I was about ten years old and then we move here to El Salvador. I've been living here since then (so a total of seven so far), but sadly I will be moving to Honduras again in a few months. I say sadly not because I don't like Honduras (I love it there and consider it my country as well as El Salvador), but because I will be moving to the capital city and cities really are not my thing.

But fortunately for me I have already had the blessing of meeting one of the missionary volunteer's wife and her beautiful three year old girl and their wonderful 11-month twin boys. So a lot of my posts will be the wonderful madness that is babysitting/being her free nanny.

I plan to go to IWU hopefully next fall (scary thought) and plan to major in graphic design and photography. I'm a huge art geek (along with being a regular geek, video game geek, and of course my obsession, a Doctor Who geek) and love drawing so some of those might find their way on here. My obsessions tend to leak into the other parts of my life so you'll probably see some DW, classic Disney movies, Zelda, zebras, and other random things that I tend to enjoy. Well that's about all I've got to say. If anyone stumbles upon this and has questions I'm free to answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment