Friday, April 12, 2013

Mac and Cheese in a Mug

I have searched high and low for a good macaroni and cheese recipe that I can just pop into the microwave and eat that will actually be filling. No such luck. Every recipe I find makes about five bites. And I figure if I'm going to go through the trouble of doing it, I might as well actually make something worthwhile. So I've come up with a general idea of how to make macaroni and cheese in a mug!

Supplies:
A microwave
mug
plate
spoon
macaroni
milk
cheese
salt
pepper
pepper flakes (optional)

Directions: Okay, so it's not an exact science. I'm not good with measuring and things of that sort when I get into the kitchen. But I do have a general idea of how to go about making it for almost any measurement of mac and cheese in the microwave.

First off measure out your macaroni. I fill the mug about half way which is about a cup of macaroni. Put in enough water to go just below the top of your macaroni. It's about half a cup of water at the most for what I put in. Put it in the microwave with a plate underneath to keep the overflow from getting messy. Put it in for 2 minutes then stir it before putting it in for another two. Repeat this until it's been in for about 4-6 minutes. If more time is still needed put it in for another 2 minutes. Next put in your milk and cheese. It needs to be a little under halfway which is around 1/4 cup for mine. Now for the best part! Adding the cheese. Now this all depends on your taste and how much you love cheese. I personally love mixing them and adding a ton. I put in usually cheddar, mozarella, and if I have it pepper jack. It's usually about half a cup more or less of cheese (usually more rather than less). Pop it in for another 2 minutes. Your cheese should be melted and all should be ready. :) I usually throw in salt, pepper, and a sprinkling of pepper flakes to finish it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment