Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Removing Labels from Jars

So this was supposed to go up yesterday (since my schedule is going to hopefully be Mondays and Fridays plus any day I just feel like throwing something up), but I had a paper to do on Al Capone and as such I didn't get to post. So here it is:

I enjoy making body scrubs and using jars for other random things, but I'm too cheap to go buy ones just for that plus I don't really have access to any stores in the convenient area that sell that kind of thing. So I looked around for good ways to peel off the label of an old jar without too much trouble. And after a bit of experimenting I have found a pretty easy way to do it!

Supplies: hot water and a jar

Step 1: I microwaved my water for about one minute, thirty seconds to get it nice and hot then filled my jar up a little past the top of the label. Screw the top back on and leave for about 7 minutes.


Step 2: Begin peeling from the corner carefully at first, but once it looks like it's all coming off you can go a bit faster. If it begins to seperate from the top layer, just press it back down and slowly continue peeling.


Successful!
To get the sticky stuff off I scrub it with soap and a scrub brush but I've heard that soaking it in hot water for a bit helps too! If anyone else has any ways of doing it or suggestions I'd love to hear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment